Pasta is always a good idea!
This creamy pumpkin carbonara with pancetta and sage is the perfect warm and delicious pasta dish to enjoy at the end of the week.
Recipe of the day: Creamy pumpkin carbonara with pancetta and sage
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 egg yolks at room temperature
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and pepper *to taste
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- ½ cup sage leaves
- 100g pancetta in thin cubes
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese grated *extra to serve
- Place pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolks, cream and Parmesan in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until combined. Put aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt, add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water before draining. Put aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Carefully add the sage leaves and cook for 10 seconds or until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return the skillet to low-medium heat. Add pancetta and cook for 4-5 minutes, add garlic clove and cook for another minute. Remove the garlic clove and discard. Add drained spaghetti to the pancetta oil mixture and toss to allow the spaghetti to absorb the flavored oil.
- Carefully pour the spaghetti, pancetta and oil into the bowl with the creamy pumpkin sauce and toss quickly. Add pasta water as needed to create a delicious creamy sauce.
- Serve the spaghetti on a serving platter and sprinkle with crispy sage leaves, a generous grater of Parmesan cheese and a little black pepper.
This recipe was found on bestrecipes.co.au