PC gaming is a great activity, but it’s not without some drawbacks. If your favorite game is having trouble running or you’re having trouble getting it to run at all, there are a number of solutions you can try to get the problem solved.
Updated with latest fixes, this app can help you fix app that can not run on your PC. And it has lots of useful function such as Update your app, Download latest version, Update database settings, Check your app license and many more. All of the function can be found in the “Fix App” app.
Milan Stanojevic Co-Editor in Chief Milan has had a passion for computers since childhood, which has led him to become interested in all PC-related technologies. Before joining WindowsReport, he worked as a front-end web developer. Read more Updated: 15. June 2021. Published: March 2021
- Using older software causes the error message This application cannot be run on your Windows 10 computer.
- Correct the error message This application cannot be run on your PC with special software.
- Prevent the error The app cannot run on your Windows 10 Home Edition PC with this guide.
- Let us know in the comments which of our solutions worked best for you.
This application cannot run on your PC under Windows 10 We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems: This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
While Windows 10 is a great operating system, it does have a few shortcomings, most of which have to do with older software. As a result, some Windows 10 users have reported an error message This app cannot be run on your PC. This problem occurs in a number of different applications, but can easily be solved with one of our solutions. There are various forms of this error message. These are the most common:
- This application can not run on your computer, access denied
- This error usually occurs when the user account is not configured correctly.
- Creating a new administrator account should resolve the situation.
- This application may not work on your computer Spelling error
- Most players are already familiar with this error message.
- In fact, this warning quite often affects games and prevents players from playing their favorite games.
- This application cannot be run on your computer Windows Store error
- As you might have guessed, this bug is specific to Windows Store applications, but it also affects the Windows Store application itself.
- Fortunately, there are many workarounds that can solve the problem and restore access to applications.
- This application cannot be run on your PC as a batch file.
- A batch file is an unformatted text file that PC users create to save and execute various commands.
- These files usually have the extension .bat or .cmd.
- First of all, make sure you run it in administrator mode.
- If the problem persists, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- This application may not work on your computer, ask the software manufacturer.
- Many users have reported that they cannot open certain applications because an error message appears, prompting them to contact the software vendor.
- This error usually affects third-party applications downloaded directly from the developer’s official site.
- It rarely affects applications in the Windows Store.
I have tried almost all options described on the internet and on the forum and nothing helped to get the message This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version suitable for your PC, please contact the manufacturer of the software. The problem is that I get this notification with many applications like Google Chrome Photoshop and other applications.
- This application may not work on your computer Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast
- Antivirus programs are also susceptible to this bug.
- Probably the download and installation process was interrupted at some point. The quickest way to solve this problem is to uninstall and then reinstall the appropriate tools.
This troubleshooting guide contains various solutions for the following specific cases:
- This application cannot run on your computer – general solutions to all the problems mentioned above
- The applications do not work on the 32-bit version of Windows 10.
- This application cannot be run on your computer – Solutions for iTunes on Windows 10
- This application cannot be run on a computer using Broadcom 802.11 network adapters.
How do I solve the error message This application cannot be run on your PC?
1. Use of special software
Sometimes, if your registry is faulty or corrupt, it can cause various errors. The error message may also appear below this: This application may not work on your Windows 10 computer. Many Windows users experience problems with the registry. You need to use a special tool that restores the registry of your operating system. Be sure to back up the registry before installing the recovery program. Although there are many programs available, we recommend a specialized solution. This program is a PC optimizer that removes junk files, enables confidential Internet browsing and improves boot times. Restoring the system to a previous state can solve a number of system problems. An easier way to safely restore your system is to use a specialized program that will do all the work for you. Restoro automatically scans your computer for problematic files and replaces all critical Windows system files that are malfunctioning with earlier versions that work perfectly….. You can see how to perform this action here:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Start the application.
- Wait until the system finds stability problems.
- Press the Start repair button.
- Restart the computer so that all changes take effect.
The built-in system restore program restores your Windows to a previous version. This means that you may lose valuable data that was backed up after the restore point was created. You can restore your system to its pre-repair state at any time. ⇒ Get Restoro Denial: The program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Creating a new administrator account
- Open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Family and other users.
- Go to Other Users and click Add another user to this PC.
- Select I have no registration information for this person.
- Now select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the name and password of the new administrator account.
- You should see the new account under Other Users.
- Select the new account and click Change Account Type.
- On the Account Type menu, select Administrator and click OK.
Some users have reported that the error message This application cannot run on your PC appears quite often on their computer. According to them, this error message appears when you try to open some of the major Windows 10 apps, such as. B. the task manager. If this problem persists, it may be due to a problem with your user account and you are advised to create a new administrator account to resolve the issue. After migration under the created administrator account the problems with the error message This app cannot be run on your PC should be solved. Once the issue is resolved, migrate your personal files and folders to this account and use it instead of your old account. If you are having trouble opening the Settings app, you can read this article to solve the problem.
3. Switch off SmartScreen
- Press Windows + S and go to the smart screen.
- Select Change SmartScreen Settings from the list of results.
- Go to Security and look for Windows SmartScreen.
- Click Change Settings and select Do nothing (disable Windows SmartScreen).
- Click OK to save your changes.
SmartScreen is a built-in feature of Windows 10 that protects against phishing and malware attacks. According to some reports, this feature can sometimes cause an error This application cannot run on your PC, so you should disable it.
4. Switch on application side loading
- Open Settings and go to Update & Security.
- Click on the Developers tab.
- Select the development mode.This application cannot be run on your PC running Windows 10.
Use this solution by following these three short steps to enable side loading of applications. This way, you can prevent this app from being reactivated and not running on your Windows 10 computer.
5. Use a reliable antivirus program
There have been cases where users have come across that this app cannot run on your Windows 10 computer because their operating system is infected with viruses. We recommend powerful software that provides your computer with unmatched protection against viruses. Once you install this program, it will detect, isolate and then neutralize any virus. Thanks to its dynamic machine learning feature, this software tracks all the activities of your device. At the same time, this powerful antivirus program provides real-time virus detection and blocks malware before it can infect your computer. ⇒ Get BullGuard
6. Make a copy of the .exe file you want to run
If you get the error message This application cannot be run on your PC when you try to run a particular application, try making a copy of the .exe file for that application. To do this, simply select the .exe file for the application you want to run and use the key combination Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. You should see a new .exe file. Try running the newly created .exe file and see if the problem persists.
7. Windows Store Update
- Open the Microsoft Store application from the Start menu.
- Click on the menu with the three dots on the far right and open Downloads and Updates.
- Click on the Retrieve Updates button.
If you are unable to access certain Microsoft Store applications on your computer, it may be due to a temporary error associated with the current version of the Store. The quickest way to solve this problem is to check for updates and install the latest version of the Store.
8. Disable proxy or VPN
- Right-click in the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Open the Connections tab.
- Click on LAN (Settings).
- Clear the Use proxy server for local network check box.
- Confirm the changes and try logging in again.
Some proxy or VPN settings may block outgoing connections to Microsoft Store servers. If applications do not launch on your computer, try disabling these settings before signing in with your Microsoft account. Also make sure you have a stable internet connection. Now turn off the VPN and try to restart the Windows Store. If applications are not working on your computer because of connection problems caused by a proxy server or VPN, this solution should help you solve the problem. Sometimes the proxy can’t be turned off, no matter what you do. For such a case, we have prepared a simple guide.
9. Perform CFS scan
1. Go to Start > type cmd > right click on Command Prompt > select Run as administrator. 2. Now run the command sfc /scannow 3. Wait for the scan to complete and restart the computer. All damaged files will be replaced upon restart. Use Microsoft System File Checker to check for damaged system files. The utility checks the integrity of all protected system files and, if possible, restores files with problems. There is a similar article about Scannow problems and how to solve them.
10. Check disk for errors
Another reason why applications do not work on your computer is due to hard disk errors. By running Disk Checker, you can detect and fix these errors in minutes. In Windows 10, you can run a disk check from the command prompt. Start the command prompt as administrator and type chkdsk C: /f and press Enter. Replace C with the partition letter of the hard disk. A little reminder: If you do not use the /f parameter, chkdsk will print a message that the file needs to be repaired, but it will not fix errors. The chkdsk D: /f command detects and repairs logical problems affecting the hard disk. To eliminate physical problems, also use the /r parameter.
11. Clear browser cache
Sometimes the reason why apps don’t start in Windows 10 is that the startup process is corrupted.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems. Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology. Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components. As a result, some files and folders were not fully loaded or not loaded at all. This often happens if you do not regularly clear your browser’s cache. Therefore, first clear your browser’s cache, uninstall the problematic application, and then try to download and install it again. For detailed instructions on how to clear your browser’s cache, visit your browser’s official developer site. You can also use a special tool and have it do the work automatically.
12. Delete temporary files and folders
1. Go to Start > type in Disk Cleanup > run the program. This application cannot be run on your PC with Windows 10 Pro 2. Select the disk you want to clean > the program will show you how much space you can free. 3. Select Delete System Files. The easiest and fastest way to remove temporary files and folders is to clean up your drive. When you use your computer or surf the Internet, various unnecessary files accumulate on your computer. These so-called junk files can affect the speed of data processing on your computer, causing applications to work slowly, and they can also cause various error codes. Delete the temporary files, then download and reinstall the problematic application to the appropriate drive.
13. Perform a full system check
- Go to Start > type defender > double-click Windows Defender to start the program.
- Select the shield icon
- Select Advanced search in a new window
- Activate the Full scan option to perform a full system scan for malware.
Malware can cause various problems on your computer. It can cause various error codes, prevent applications from being installed or run, etc. Run a full system scan to detect any malware on your computer. You can use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender, or third-party antivirus solutions.
14. Upgrade operating system
Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your computer. Reminder: Microsoft constantly releases updates for Windows to improve the stability of the system and fix various problems. To access the Windows Update section, simply type the word Update into the search box. This method works for all versions of Windows. Then go to Windows Update, check for updates and install the available updates. After installing the latest updates, restart the problematic applications to see if the problem persists. If a critical error occurs and Windows deletes all your files during the upgrade process, don’t panic just yet. We have written about this topic in detail, and our guide will definitely help you recover all your files.
Fix – This application cannot run on your PC for Windows 10 32-bit
Download the right version for your computer As you probably know, there are two versions of applications: 32-bit and 64-bit. Windows 10 is no exception and is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The 32-bit version is designed to work only with 32-bit applications, while the 64-bit version can work with both 64-bit and 32-bit applications. If you see the error message This app can’t run on your PC, it’s probably because you’re trying to run the 64-bit version of a particular app on the 32-bit version of Windows 10. As mentioned earlier, the 32-bit version of Windows 10 cannot run 64-bit applications. To solve this problem, you need to find the 32-bit version of the application you want to run and install it on your computer. Another solution is to upgrade to the 64-bit version of Windows 10. Unfortunately, this is not a simple process and you will need to completely reinstall Windows 10 to do it.
Fix – This application may not work on your PC for Windows 10 AMD
Download the application again using a different web browser Number of users receiving the error message This application cannot run on your PC when trying to install AMD graphics card drivers. Apparently the problem was caused by a corrupt boot process. After switching to a different browser and downloading the same file again, the problem was finally solved. If you need the latest and greatest browser, check out our top picks in this article.
Fix – This application may not work on your PC for Windows 10 iTunes
Install iTunes as an administrator This application cannot run on the computer; this error affects many programs, and iTunes is no exception. If you can’t install iTunes on your Windows 10 computer, try installing it as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the iTunes installation file and choose Run as Administrator from the menu. In addition to installing iTunes as an administrator, many users have reported successfully re-downloading the installation file. As mentioned earlier, in some cases downloaded files can be corrupted and you may need to download the same file several times before you can install it. In addition to re-downloading, many users recommend using a different browser to download the same file. If iTunes doesn’t open, there’s no reason to panic. We have a good guide on how to get it working again.
Fix – This application does not work on your PC for Broadcom 802.11
Disabling the Broadcom 802.11 network adapter in the applet tray
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start Task Manager.
- Click the Start tab and search for Broadcom Network Adapter Wireless Network Tray Applet.
- Right-click on the Broadcom network adapter and select Disable.: This application cannot be run on your PC
- Close Task Manager.
Users have reported the following error message This application cannot run on your PC when using the Broadcom 802.11 network adapter. There seems to be a problem with a file called WLTRAY.EXE. It is recommended to remove it from autostart to solve the problem. After restarting the computer, the Broadcom icon is no longer displayed in the taskbar, but the error message This app cannot be run on your PC is resolved. This App Can’t Run on Your Computer error message can be a problem because it can affect almost any app on your Windows 10 computer. This error is often caused by an incompatibility or corrupted boot process, but you can easily fix it by following one of our solutions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Do you have any problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month. Frequently asked questions Was this page helpful? 428 Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix this app can’t run on your PC to find a version of PC for with the software publisher?
When you install an app on a Windows 10 computer it will ask you if the app is for you or if you want to allow other apps to access its features. If you select Allow, the app will be installed and will be able to use the features of the operating system. If you select Don’t Allow, your computer will not run the app. The app is only able to run on computers that have the required software that’s installed on the computer. You need to update to the latest version of your favorite app but the installer fails to run, instead bringing up a message saying it can’t be installed. This is probably because the app requires a newer version of your operating system or a newer version of a component of your operating system to run. (This is also sometimes called a “wedge”, “wedged”, or “wedged program”.)
How do I find the software publisher on my computer?
Nobody likes to find software publishers on their computer. So, if you are having trouble finding the software publisher on your computer, you can always use a software that can help you find the software publishers on your computer system. Here, we will guide you on how to find the software publishers on your computer. Seeing as how I am a writer of technology and gaming related blogs, I am constantly being asked by my readers about how to do certain things on my PC. Here is a quick, easy tutorial on how to find the software publisher on your PC.
How do you fix this program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running?
Starting with Windows 8, Microsoft introduced the concept of a “Store Apps”, which are essentially “App Bundles” available for download to a device. These bundles are larger than a typical single app and include other apps and programs inside them, and they are first of all placed in the Windows Store where users can choose from. Hard drive crashes, software conflicts, software incompatibilities, and hardware failures can create a multitude of problems that can hamper your PC’s ability to run some software. Today’s smartphones are more powerful than ever before, and many times they can replace many of the functions of your computer. However, they are not as capable when it comes to running software that you have on your computer.
Feedback,this app can't run on your pc valorantthis app can't run on your pc windows server 2016this app can't run on your pc redditthis app can't run on your pc windows server 2012this app can't run on your pc windows 10 64 bit fixthis app can't run on your pc windows 10 old game,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,CCleaner,Steam,VirtualBox,7‑Zip,Malwareb…,VLC media player,See more,this app can't run on your pc windows 10 64 bit fix,this app can't run on your pc windows 10 old game,this app can't run on your pc windows 8 64 bit,this app can't run on your pc valorant,this app can't run on your pc microsoft office 2010,this app can't run on your pc windows server 2016,this app can't run on your pc reddit,this app can't run on your pc windows server 2012