Microsoft is still hard at work adding new features to Edge for Windows 10, and today, version 93.0.916.1 has been released to the Fast ring. But how does it compare to the official release of Chrome on Windows 10? We recently took a look at the Chromium build that Microsoft Edge is based on, and it is really hard to tell the difference. In fact, you could argue that Microsoft Edge is more “finished” than the Chromium 9 build on Windows 10.
Microsoft on Tuesday released the newest version of its Microsoft Edge web browser for Windows 10. The browser now incorporates Chromium, the open source project behind Google Chrome, giving Microsoft Edge users the same feature set and capabilities as on Google’s Chrome browser.
Microsoft has released a new version of the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge application, version 93.0.916.1, on the Dev Channel. It includes several new features, as well as several fixes and improvements. This is the first build with major version 93 for the dev channel. alt=Edge Dev banner width=900 height=400 data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Edge-Dev-now-comes-with-Microsoft-Account-on-Linux-enabled.png />
What’s new in Microsoft Edge, version 93.0.916.1
- Added support for Chrome’s control policy to control the inclusion of CECPQ2.
- Support for administrative policies to enable sharing of local browser data, allowing Windows interfaces to search users’ browser data.
- Fixed an issue on the Mac where the browser was not always opening.
- A startup error has been corrected.
- Problem solved whereby clicking on the menu… … sometimes caused the browser to crash.
- Fixed a bug when using the collections context menu.
- Fixed a crash when clicking the Vertical Tabs button.
- A bug in the default browser configuration has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug when clicking on the menu … in PWA.
- Fixed an issue where selecting Set from the thumbnail context menu caused the browser to crash.
- Fixed an issue where some pages with website permission settings were displayed in white.
- Fixed an issue where searching in settings gave inaccurate results.
- Fixed an issue where the hotkey to invoke the Immersive Reader worked on pages it wasn’t intended for.
- Fixed an issue where, when generating a password, the new password was entered in more fields than necessary.
- Fixed an issue that was causing profile change to be displayed on PWAs that are not eligible for profile change.
- Fixed an issue where the … in PWA was sometimes displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where activating vertical tabs in full screen mode sometimes made the tabs invisible.
- Fixed an issue where the user interface unexpectedly turned pink.
- Fixed an issue where pasting content into the collection sometimes created additional text notes.
- Fixed an issue where dragging vertical tabs did not correctly follow the mouse cursor.
- Some extensions, such as. B. the Microsoft Editor extension, do not work under Linux. Once installed, an error occurs and they stop. We are currently conducting an investigation.
- Users of some ad blocking extensions may encounter errors when playing on Youtube. As a workaround, you can resume playback by temporarily disabling the extension. For more information, see this help article.
- Some users are still experiencing the following problem: all tabs and extensions immediately crash with the STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error message. The most common cause of this error is outdated security software or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec. In this case, updating this software solves the problem.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have the correct extension installed sometimes experience websites such as Gmail not loading. This failure is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated. This can be remedied by making sure the latest version is installed.
- Some users still see duplicate bookmarks. This issue should decrease now that automatic deduplication has been implemented in the Insider streams, but we are still working on implementing it in the stable release. We also found duplication when the manual deduplicator was run on multiple machines before each machine had time to fully synchronize its changes. Ensure that sufficient time has elapsed between deduplicator runs.
- Some users experience wobbly scrolling with trackpad or touchscreen gestures, where scrolling in one dimension causes the page to move back and forth slightly in the other dimension. Note that this only affects some websites and seems to be worse on some devices. This is likely due to our ongoing work to adapt scrolling to inherited edge behavior. So, if this behavior is unwanted, you can temporarily disable it by unchecking the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.
If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically. To speed up this process, open your browser, go to Menu (alt + f) > Settings > About Microsoft Edge. The browser starts updating itself. You can also download Microsoft Edge Dev powered by Chromium from the official Edge Insider site. Please support us. Winaero is really counting on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options: Sergei Tkachenko 16. June 2021 to Microsoft Edge.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
microsoft edge versionsmicrosoft edge chromiummicrosoft edge offline installermicrosoft edge latest versionmicrosoft edge webdrivermicrosoft edge for windows 7 filehippo,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,microsoft edge versions,microsoft edge chromium,microsoft edge offline installer,microsoft edge latest version,microsoft edge webdriver,microsoft edge for windows 7 filehippo,microsoft edge vs chrome,microsoft edge legacy download