Pasta is the perfect dish to prepare for yourself and your loved ones any time of the week and even on weekends.
This delicious Chicken Parmesan casserole can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and has all the goodness of Parmesan and mozzarella, juicy chicken and delicious pasta.
Casserole with chicken parmesan
- 1 package uncooked penne pasta
- 450 g boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 jars marinara sauce
- chopped basil for garnish, optional
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse the pasta and let it drain in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Rub the chicken to about ¼ inch thickness or cut it in half so it cooks easily. Place the flour, egg and Italian breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Coat the chicken in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Fry them in hot oil until browned on each side and no longer pink in the center. Remove from the pan and cut into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, chicken, 1 cup mozzarella, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, and marinara sauce. Mix until combined.
- Spread the pasta in a 9×13-inch casserole and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cover and top with remaining cheeses. Continue baking for about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the casserole is heated through. Garnish with chopped basil, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was found on therecipecritic.com