This creamy tuna spread is the perfect recipe to recreate if you’re looking for a healthy yet quick and easy meal to end your week.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you can omit the tuna and still enjoy the tasty, creamy and cheesy pasta that your family will love.
Serve your delicious and creamy tuna pasta baking dish tonight with your favorite fresh salad for dinner.
Creamy tuna pasta bake
- 400 g rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion – peeled and finely chopped
- 40g all purpose flour
- 600 ml milk
- 250 g strong cheddar, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 320g canned tuna (albacore tuna if possible) – drained and flaked
- 330 g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 150 g frozen petit pois (peas)
- chopped parsley to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes until the onions are very soft.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk, using a whisk to stir (stir briefly, do not whisk) it in.
- When all the milk has been absorbed, keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Then stir in ⅔ of the cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and pour into a 20×30 cm baking dish. Pour over the white sauce and add the tuna, sweetcorn and petit pois.
- Mix together and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. Garnish with some parsley before serving.
This recipe was found on kitchensanctuary.com