This flavorful shrimp tikka masala recipe is the perfect and healthy weeknight dish to enjoy and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
If you are not a fan of basmati rice, you can enjoy this dish on a bed of your favorite rice.
To make it a complete Indian feast, enjoy this shrimp tikka masala and rice dish with homemade or store-bought naan bread.
Shrimp tikka masala
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-3 tablespoons tikka curry paste
- 400 g can of peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ tablespoon light brown soft sugar
- 3 cardamom pods, mashed
- 200 g brown basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 300 g raw prawns
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- ½ bunch coriander, coarsely chopped
- naan bread, warmed, to serve (optional)
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the Day: Curried Mutton Pie
- Place the onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor and grind to a smooth paste. Heat the oil in a large heatproof skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the onion puree and cook for 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil and cook, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Scoop the cardamom out of the curry sauce and discard, grind with a stick blender or in a clean food processor. Return to the pan, add the almonds and shrimp and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste and stir in the cream and coriander. Serve with rice and naan bread, if desired.
This recipe was found on bbcgoodfood.com