Meat lovers, this three meat and three cheese lasagna is just for you!
Made with ground beef, pork and veal, this glorious dish is super easy to prepare for those of you who are lazy cooks or don’t have too much time to toil in the kitchen and over the stove.
This recipe feeds eight people and can be served alongside your favorite fresh salad.
Three meat, three cheese lasagna
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stalks finely chopped, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g minced pork and veal
- 500 g minced beef
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup of red wine
- 100 ml milk
- 2 cans of 400 g whole tomatoes
- 250 g coarsely grated mozzarella
- 200 g coarsely grated cheddar
- 150 g finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 475g fresh lasagna sheets
- Heat oil, fennel seeds and oregano in a large heatproof baking dish over medium heat. Add onion and parsley stalks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until fragrant, then add the pork, veal and ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned is. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes to cook the pasta. Add the wine, milk and tomatoes and break up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until slightly reduced. Remove from heat, transfer to a heatproof bowl and let stand 45 minutes to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan in a bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with a layer of lasagna sheets, one-third of the remaining meat sauce, one-third parsley leaves, and one-third cheese mixture. Repeat the layering process with the remaining ingredients, but omit the last layer of cheese. Cover with a sheet of baking paper, then a sheet of foil and bake for 40 minutes or until lasagna sheets are soft when you insert a knife in the center. Raise the oven to 250°C, expose the lasagna and spread it evenly with the remaining one-third cheese mixture. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
This recipe was found on lovely.com.au