The Ministry of Social Development has confirmed payment dates for the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) grants in March 2022.
Sassa Social Security Benefits for March
Sassa says “no need to withdraw cash on the first day”.
“Once the money is in the account, it stays there until it is needed,” the agency said.
- Thursday, March 3, 2022: Elderly allowances
- Friday, March 4, 2022: Allowances for the disabled
- Monday 7 March 2022: All other fairs
All cases of fraud must be reported to the police, or straight to Sassa at 0800-601-011
To apply for a Sassa scholarship, the following is required:
- Medical examination not older than 3 months on application date
- Spouse must meet the requirements of the income test
- May not be maintained or cared for in any state facility
Sassa gold card scam
Several social media users have spread misinformation by calling on South Africans to apply for gold cards.
The messages usually encourage The Vanir-exoduss to respond via WhatsApp.
According to the scammer, beneficiaries will get “R1,850 every month for three years”, all for the bargain price of R2,500 for one card.
Sassa says tickets are not for sale and has urged South Africans to report disinformation and related crimes to authorities.
Curated by Cheryl Kahla.