This no-bake millionaire cheesecake is the perfect dessert to make if you’re not in the mood to spend too much time in the kitchen making recipes.
This dessert is also the perfect cheesecake to serve at dinner parties. Pair each slice with a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a much more delicious experience.
- 75g butter, melted, plus extra for the tin
- 250 grams of shortbread
- 250g mascarpone
- 300 g full-fat soft cheese
- 50 g icing sugar
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 300 ml whipped cream
- ½ x 397g can of caramel or 200g dulce de leche
- 50 g dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- stars or chocolate stars, to decorate
- Butter and line the bottom of a 20cm diameter springform pan. Grind the biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs, then add the butter and grind again. Pour the mixture into the mold and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Cool while you make the filling.
- Gently mix the mascarpone, soft cheese, icing sugar and cocoa until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff, then fold into the mascarpone mixture. Spoon the mixture over the cookie base and smooth the top. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the caramel in a pan slightly so that it is spreadable, if you overdo it, wait for it to cool down again. Pour it on the cheesecake, spread it gently and let it cool. Meanwhile, gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water or in a microwave. Drizzle it back and forth over the caramel, then add the sprinkles or stars in a random pattern. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then carefully remove the tin and liner and slide the cheesecake onto a serving platter.
This recipe was found on bbcgoodfood.com