I was playing a mission in the game War Thunder, and it was my first time playing, so I thought I would take a look at the settings and see what I could do. I was playing on a MacBook Air on OSX Lion, and it was running the latest beta of the video drivers for AMD graphics cards, which included the newest Catalyst drivers. I started the game and after about 5 minutes, I noticed that the video driver had hung and was restarted. I tried a couple more times, and each time it hung and restarted.
I am writing this blog post as I have just experienced a problem with my video drivers on War Thunder. I recently bought a new GPU in my computer and installed the latest drivers for my AMD Radeon HD 6870 card but, after a while, I encountered a problem. The video driver had hung and was restarted, but then it continued to do this every time I switched to War Thunder. I was stuck in this loop for a while, but eventually I managed to get rid of the problem by manually rebooting my computer.
War Thunder is a free-to-play game for PC and Mac that focuses on detailed simulation of World War II aircraft and tanks. In the game, players can fly and drive a wide range of aircraft and tanks, including planes, tanks, boats, and more.
Matthew Adams. Windows and software expert Matthew is a freelancer and has written numerous articles on various technology-related topics. His main specialization is the Windows operating system and everything related to it. He’s passionate about… Read more
- The War Thunder graphics driver hangs and restart error is caused by overclocking your PC or setting the graphics parameters too high.
- Some players say that uninstalling third-party software helped them solve the problem, so you should try it too.
- You can also try to free up system resources for War Thunder, as this often helps.
- Don’t be too lazy to adjust some of the game’s graphics settings with the procedure described below.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems: This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Some players have posted on the Steam forums about an issue with the War Thunder graphics driver freezing in that game. Chances are, this issue is no stranger to you either. When this problem occurs, the game displays an error message that reads as follows: The graphics driver froze and rebooted. This causes War Thunder to freeze for a short time and reduces the quality of the graphics/drawings. If you want to get rid of this problem as soon as possible, read the following troubleshooting tips.
How to solve the War Thunder video driver freeze error?
1. Update your computer’s GPU driver
Try updating your computer’s GPU driver. The best thing you can do is check your computer with a driver update program. The driver update utility will tell you if your GPU driver needs to be updated. If so, you can use the driver updater to download and install the latest driver for your graphics card. Driveris essential for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, errors, hiccups or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date. The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that safely checks for new updates and easily applies them, which is why we highly recommend DriverFix:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the program will show all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be a problem if you download and start using this powerful software today. Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Cancel GPU overclocking
War Thunder’s graphics driver freeze issue can occur when players overclock their GPU or CPU. If you have overclocked your computer with third-party overclocking software, cancel the applied overclock. Restore the default clock with an overclocking program and see if the problem persists.
3. Select the openGL test option
- First open the War Thunder launcher as shown below.
- Click the Change advanced settings button (small gear icon) to the right of the graphics presets.
- Then select the debug settings section.
- Click on the Render drop-down menu.
- Then select the option OpenGL (Test).
4. Decrease the graphics settings of the game
- Open the War Thunder launcher window.
- Choose a preset with little or minimal graphics. Choose at least one graphics preset lower than your current preset.
- You can also click Customize to open the options shown below.
- Select the low texture quality setting.
- Also, choose a lower option from the smoothing drop-down menu.
5. War ThunderUpdate
If your War Thunder game is not set to update automatically, you will have to download the latest update patch manually. The latest patch updates can be downloaded from the changelog section of the War Thunder website. If a new update is available, download and install it to update War Thunder.
6. Clean up Windows 10 Startup
- First, open Run by right-clicking the Start button and selecting this accessory shortcut from the Win + X menu.
- You can then open MSConfig by typing this command in Run and pressing OK: msconfig
- On the General tab, select Selective execution to configure these settings.
- Deactivate the load start objects.
- Select the Use First Boot Configuration and Load System Services check boxes if they are not installed.
- Then click on the Services tab in MSConfig.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box before disabling a service.
- Click the Disconnect All button.
- Be sure to click Apply to save the new boot configuration.
- Select OK to close the MSConfig window.
- Finally, click the Restart button in the dialog box that appears.
- Then try to play War Thunder after a clean start of Windows.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems. Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology. Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components. If restarting Windows resolves the video driver issue, the error was probably caused by conflicting programs or too much software running in the background. A clean boot removes unnecessary programs and startup services to free up system resources and reduce potential software conflicts. You can restore the original startup configuration by selecting Load Startup Items and Enable All in MSConfig. In this case, however, you should determine which programs conflict with the game or free up system resources by closing background programs before playing.
7. Remove Razer Surround and Synapse
- First, open Run as described in step 1 of the previous resolution.
- In the opened window, enter the following command: appwiz.cpl
- Click OK to open the Program and Function Check window.
- Select Razer Synapse if it is under Programs and Features.
- Then click Uninstall and click Yes at the confirmation prompt to remove Razer Synapse.
- Restart your computer after uninstalling Razer Synapse.
- Repeat the above steps to uninstall the Razer Surround software.
You can also uninstall software with third-party uninstallers, some of which also remove remaining files more thoroughly than the standard Windows uninstaller. ⇒ Download IObit Uninstaller 10 for free If you need any more troubleshooting tips, go to the War Thunder help page to submit a support ticket for the game. We also recommend you to use the best driver backup software for Windows 10. Constant driver saves are a must if you want a seamless gaming experience. Here are some of the fixes for the War Thunder video driver that users have confirmed work. Let us know which ones helped you in the comments below. Still having problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionThis was one of the few times when the driver actually hung. And we’re not talking about just a second or two. It hung for about 10-15 seconds before the computer woke up and resumed the process. Completely random and unexpected.. Read more about war thunder update your video drivers and let us know what you think.
war thunder video driver hung 2020war thunder update your video driverswar thunder fatal error exceptionwar thunder restarts computerwar thunder amd driver crashwar thunder update driver error,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,war thunder video driver hung and was restarted 2020,war thunder video driver hung 2020,war thunder video driver hung and was restarted texture quality reduced,war thunder update your video drivers,war thunder restarts computer,war thunder amd driver crash,war thunder fatal error exception,war thunder update driver error